THINK 2022 – Forging the Future
ORION’s THINK Conference will take place October 19 and 20, 2022. It will be a hybrid event, taking place in-person at the Design Exchange in Toronto, and will be fully accessible online for those who attend virtually.
Our conference theme this year is Forging the Future. With 20 years of collaborative knowledge, experience and progress, the ORION community is well-positioned to build a stronger future together.
We have many great speakers and sessions in the works that will highlight expertise and drive forward the conversation about the following for research, education and innovation:
- The future of collaboration – tools, trends and technologies
- The evolution of cybersecurity, why it matters now more than ever
- What it means to commit to equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility as a sector
- Building healthy and resilience work cultures
Who will be there?
The THINK conference brings together over 250 decision-makers from Ontario’s research, education and innovation sectors including colleges, universities, school boards, hospitals, research, industry, cultural, municipal and advanced research computing facilities for insight into the future of Ontario’s innovation economy.
The conference will attract attendees such as:
- CEOs from research, education, and innovation-sector organizations
- Technology leaders including CTOs, solution providers, and IT professionals
- Technology champions, including researchers, students, educators, librarians, policymakers, industry and innovation community leaders
- Academic faculty, post-doctoral fellows, and graduate students in the sciences, engineering, medicine, arts, and the humanities
- Advanced research computing and big data experts
- Policy decision-makers including senior government officials and funding organizations
Previous THINK Conferences
Advance Ontario 2019 Conference
- “Advance Ontario: Collaboration is the key!” – Our wrap-up blog and photo album of the conference
- “In Conversation with Dr. Shadi Khalifa” – a blog on speaker, Dr. Shadi Khalifa on Artificial Intelligence
- Leadership Award winners 2019
THINK 2018: Innovation Ecosystem
- “Empowering Ontario’s innovation economy” – A blog from our CEO, Alfonso Licata
- “The links between foreign investment, innovation and digital infrastructure” – A blog on speaker, David A. Wolfe’s paper
- THINK 2018 – Closing Song
- Leadership Award winners 2018
- View the 2018 agenda and speakers!
THINKOpen 2017 Conference
- View the 2017 agenda and speakers!
- View the THINKOpen webcast
- Leadership Award winners 2017
- #THINKOpen17 Twitter conversation
diTHINK 2016 Conference
- View the 2016 agenda and speakers
- On our blog …
- Meet the ORION 2016 Leadership Awards winners!
- Catch the #diTHINK2016 conversation on Twitter
2015 THINK Conference
- View the 2015 agenda and speaker line-up
- Meet the winners of the 2015 Leadership Awards!
- View photos from our Facebook album of our top moments.
- Revisit a summary of the social community’s conversation on our Storify story.
- Read Part 1, 2, and 3 of our blog detailing the afternoon session workshops.
2014 THINK Conference
- See the 2014 THINK Conference agenda
- Read the 2014 THINK Conference speaker presentations and biographies
- Download the 2014 THINK report
2013 THINK Conference